Monday, September 1, 2008

go me

so i finally got around to opening a new bank account in washington with bank of america.
i had to switch bank accounts because washington and idaho are different than all of the rest of the states when it comes to banking with them.
so the lady opened up a total of 4 fucking accounts for me.
the reasoning for this? i'm not quite clear on.
but she said it would not cost me any special fees or anything.
so i now have a total of 3 checking accounts and 5 savings accounts.
and i don't have hardly any money. go me.

the macy's clearance on the 6th floor downtown had house slippers.
i have searched all over for house slippers but most places apparently do not carry them until fall.
so i got a really cute pair for 5 bucks. go me, again.

still liking my job. the people i work with still seem to be friendly.
i can see myself being broke from now on though because i think i want to buy everything on my sales floor.
martha stewart's macy's line is so cute.
i want to get her kitchen aid mixer and cutting boards and spice racks and everything!
i can see my employee discount might get abused a bit.
macy's also has their own reuseable shopping bags (like every store does now).
and they are pretty cute also.
so i bought two of them as well.
they are actually bigger and easier to use than my other bags i use for groceries.

steve and i went to "pig out in the park" this weekend at riverfront park.
i had a blast, but i don't think steve did because i made him go on rides with me that he was not exactly thrilled about.
we ate chinese food and elephant ears also.
i took around 130 photos and a few videos while we were there.
and we saw the dark knight at the imax.
it was my first time seeing a movie at an imax theater,
so that was a pretty awesome experience.

DSCN8770

DSCN8700

aaaaand i finally got to ride a gondola!
i thought it was pretty fun to see more of spokane falls.
steve and i got a gondola to ourselves.

DSCN8706

i also finally made my own laundry detergent this weekend following this recipe:

http://www.thesimpledollar.com/2007/03/15/how-to-make-your-own-laundry-detergent-and-save-big-money/

i condensed mine down a bit to make it a more concentrated version.

brandy got a cute fleece sweater from etsy.com the other day....
DSCN8829
and she also got 3 halloween printed chew toys, which she loves to throw around the apartment and carry to bed with her.

i'm reading my 8th book this year.
my goal is to get 12 finished by the end of the year.
i figured that was a more attainable goal for me since i knew it was going to be a busy year.
and i was right.
has anyone read george orwell's animal farm?
did you like it?

No comments: