Tuesday, September 9, 2008

froot loop clusters

i changed my cellphone's alarm ring tone from some crappy default one to the flaming lips "do you realize?".
now i wake up every morning moderately happy.

i had to get a new library card today because the one that i had was for the valley.
i guess she failed to mention to me that i could not use it in spokane. grrr.

my sister finally called me for the first time in a few months.
i guess she changed her phone number back to her old one and thats why i was unable to get ahold of her.

steve and i went to manito park last week.
of course it was my first time going... so i ended up taking over 200 photos throughout the day.
i wasted a good deal of time just taking pictures of turtles by the pond.
we also went to riverside park for a bit and went to different areas that i had never been to.

i'm currently reading the remains of the day by kazuo ishiguro.
its supposed to be a really good book... but i'm finding it difficult to get into on the 2nd chapter/section.
hopefully it something will peak my interest soon.

i made cookies out of froot loops on friday.
they turned out pretty decent.
not too sugary and not icky either.
so i made some froot loop clusters made with white chocolate as well...

DSCN9078

DSCN9089

my new job is still going well.
my boss asked me the one day last week,
"can you believe you've already been here 2 weeks?"
and i honestly couldn't.
time goes by really fast there. which is good.
i got some extra time on sunday to do socializing with one of the other signers,
and we talked about the lady i replaced and how the lady was a little crazy.
so now i understand why my boss is always mentioning how calm i am.
because the other lady was all over the place.
and apparently downtown macy's employees get discounted 16oz coffees from thomas hammer downtown on the weekends.
sweet.... even though i rarely drink coffee...
i just wish i would get my macy's employee discount card already!

my apartment building's elevator has been broken for nearly 3 weeks now.
i am TOTALLY sick of walking up and down FIVE flights of stairs several times a day.
you would think it would be habit for me now walking up that many stairs, but it isn't.
i am weak and out of breath by the time i reach the 5th floor (if i don't take a mini break half way through).
i wanted to start using the stairs more... but not like this.

i ended up purchasing more stuff online from 2 of my new favorite companies.
i ordered 15 magnetic spice containers (that i can attach to the side of my fridge for easy storage) and a few more spices from monterey bay spice company .
i also ordered another sample kit and a couple small concealers from everyday minerals.
i am also getting a cheap electric mixer from amazon.
i have kept putting off getting one because i always wanted one of the fancy kitchenaid ones.
but i know i will never be able to afford one.
anyways, no more spending for me for awhile.

No comments: