Friday, July 18, 2008

today's blog was brought to you by the word: F*CK

i keep having dreams that i end up moving back to tulsa.
or i go back to visit tulsa, and decide i miss it there and end up moving back.
i can only imagine i keep having these dreams because it's something that i fear.
i makes me not want to go back and visit any time soon for fear of my dream going true.

i found out today that mary finally moved from tulsa to washington.
i'm not sure where, but i am assuming the seattle area.
i guess she finally did it.
pretty shocked about it actually since she never really followed through with much before.
when she heard i had moved to spokane, it must have given her courage to move as well.
"if she can do it, i can do it." type mentality.
i sent her a message today telling her i was happy for her and sorry for the way our friendship ended. i left it at that.

it seems like there are more unmarked police cars up here than normal police vehicles.
i thought it was weird that i never saw any when i first moved here.
but you learn quick that just about anything could be a police officer driving around.
you've got the dodge chargers to the suburbans to the mini vans.
i would like to see a school bus transformed into an unmarked police vehicle next.
i think that would be totally sneaky.
it's a good thing i have decided to drive the speed limit or under on the interstate now.
not only to save from getting pulled over, but to help with my gas mileage.
i need all the help i can get.

i am about $75 short of being able to pay my bills for the first of august according to my calculations.
that's a shitty feeling.
LUCKILY, it's only half way into the month and things can change for the better (hopefully not the worse).

fred meyers called me for an interview while i was at work yesterday.
i went in for an interview today and it went very, very well.
has anyone worked for them before?
what did you think of the company as a whole?
i will be working in the health and beauty department to start out and most likely transfer to a scan position once one of the fuckers leaves. :)
of course though, none of this will happen until the week after next because ms. hiring lady is going on vacation next week. grr.

i found out yesterday at work that my district supervisor for RGIS is the daughter and sister of two of the team leaders in kennewick.
favoritism much?
there are a lot of relatives working together at this damn company.
which is fine if one relative isn't a direct supervisor over the other.
which many of them are! it's not really fair and it's stupid that they allow it.
almost all other companies frown upon such behavior.
but RGIS seems to be a really backward place to work... which explains all of the crackheads that i work with that continue to get away with what they do.
can you tell that i'll be pleased to find a new job?

i really hate my local grocery store.
but i shop there because it's within walking distance.
all of the cashiers are old and grumpy.
there is not one cashier there under the age of 30.
today, one old lady cashier turned off her "i'm open sign" as soon as she saw me coming towards her check-out.
and as i make as face and head towards the other cashier she says "i'm open".
bullshit. i'd rather wait 10 minutes behind someone with a cart full of welfare food than go to her lane again.
of course, the cashier i opted to go to was not any better... as he's throwing my food at the sacker and the sacker puts all 9 of my medium-sized items into ONE plastic bag.
guess who had crushed eggs when she got home?
i'm so fed-up with that place.
i wonder if they actually have comment cards and i wonder if they take the comments to heart?
i will check online first i guess.

i wish the fat fucker that lives in my apartment building would fucking put a leash on his dog and put a fucking shirt on.
yes, that sentence had a lot of FUCK in it.
this bastard has two dogs that he only takes outside to let them shit.
one of them is a big black dog that i am SURE is over the weight limit for pets.
and the other is a chihuahua-mix that never has a leash on.
guess whos dog is always running after me and my dog?
his fucking mut.
i know the damn dog's name because he has to call after it so much.
i told him he needed to get a fucking leash today.
but he did not have a comment for me.
i have seen him way too many times outside with these dogs and the one without a leash.
if i see him one more time with the leash-less dog,
i'm emailing the apartment manager.
it's not going to be my fault if that stupid dog runs up to my dog unexpectedly and my dog bites the shit out of it.
there should also be some sort of fine for him going outside without a shirt on.
he's fucking gross. no one wants to see that.

i made snickerdoodle cookies this evening.
not as good as i remember them being as a child,
but they turned out well.
i must say that they are the best results i have had in awhile aside from my oatmeal applesauce cookies.
they took forever to actually mix since i don't have an electric mixer. :(
but it's not like i had anything else to do but spend some time hand mixing up flour crap.

i would suggest you never buy from elf cosmetics online.
if you're in the store and you buy them, fine.
online.... NO.
it took 3 weeks to get my shipment.
i was shorted 4 items.
i was charged for all of my items.
1 week later i was finally credited for my 4 missing items.
and half the items were items i went ahead and bought at target because i got tired of waiting for my order to come in the mail.
so now i have no use for them until i am finished with the other items.
their bronzer is horrible. it's just horrible. i can't even describe how HORRIBLE it is.
everything else i got was fine.

i also got my second shipment from everydayminerals.com ...
i loved this shipment even more than my first one from them.
everything i got was great. the sky blue concealer, not so much... but everything else wonderful.
hopefully next month i can afford to buy some full sized items.

i have almost used up all of my credits at paperbackswap.com ...
but before i do, please recommend some good books to me so i can place them on my wish list!
i like free books.
even better are good free books.
recommend now please.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey!

That's funny about your Tulsa dreams. I hope you'll visit sometime anyway, despite your fears about it.

Also, your move to Spokane has kinda inspired me, too. I like Tulsa, but I'm not terribly sure I want to live in the US much longer. Brandon and I are making our first tentative plans to move to Vancouver, possibly in the next one to two years.

I hate it when old grocery checkers are grouchy. Or young ones, for that matter. You ought to call and complain to the management in person. That's what I'd do, anyway.

-Brook